Alkindy college of Medicine
It was established in 1998 as a
medical establishment. It has been
considered a junior college as
compared with the mother
College of Medicine in Baghdad.
But it engages actively in all
milestones of health activities and
development in Iraq. It aims at
graduating competent physicians
providing the best health care
within hospital and the
community with special emphasis
on primary health care. It consists
of eleven branches (Autonomy,
Biochemistry, Pathology, Medicine,
Surgery, Microbiology, Physiology,
Obstetrics and Gynecology
,Community Medicine , And
of our college is based on creating an educational system targeted toward graduating competent physicians who are able to meet with success the individual and community health needs at national and international one.
is to spearhead the Iraqi medical college on the regional and international basis in promoting high stander programs of medical care to serve the Iraqi community and its priority health needs.
General (Objectives) of Undergraduate Medical Education
- Graduating competent physicians providing the best health care within hospital and the community with special emphasis on primary health care.
Physicians who are able to determine and identify community health problems through proper linkage of medical education provided with the priority health problems and needs.
- Adoption of educational program focusing on priority and primary health care
- Adoption of life long learning and assessment strategies.
- Establishing an integrated health care system with cooperation of MOH and WHO.
- Carry out research programs oriented to community problems and health needs.
- Stakeholders participating in formulation of mission and objectives (University authorities, WHO, MOH) are to be periodically revised to involve more stakeholders (including community leaders, students and professional organizations) by committee of Accreditation Unit.