Vision of University of Baghdad
(A Pioneering and productive Cognitive University that Competes with other Universities Internationally)
Mission of University of Baghdad
University of Baghdad is an integral system that consists of (24) scientific and humanitarian colleges , (3) institutes and (9) firmly-established research centers. Besides it contains 171 fields of specializations. It believes that building Man and developing the society are the basis of having generations who can build the country. The essential purposes of the university are learning, teaching, doing researches and serving the society through providing a stimulating environment of the potentials, qualified university teachers together with curricula that enable the students how to deal with the requirements of the business markets and information technology which support all fields of specializations. In addition the university undertakes to prepare productive and self- reliable graduates. It is also characterized by developing the minds, the scientists and the innovators. It must be open to the society in order to find the scientific solutions and develop the business practices. Furthermore, it emphasizes the integration of the theoretical and practical knowledge and the rehabilitation to accomplish the academic accreditation.
The strategic objectives of Baghdad university:
The university is working to achieve its mission through the following objectives:
1. Providing the qualified manpower to work in various fields that corresponds to the evolving needs of the labor market.
2. Improving the educational and the administrative processes to contribute in the achievement of the university vision and mission.
3. Development of faculty members.
4. Improvement of our scientific achievements in a way that corresponds with the international accreditation standards.
5. Development of the educational programs adopted to benefit from the international experiences in diverse specializations in a way that corresponds with the requirements of the labor market.
6. Improving the capacity of personnel and creating new capabilities in line with quality requirements.
7. Re-engineering of procedures in a way that facilitates processes, facilitating processes and adoption of modern techniques for mastering them.
8. Reviewing the organizational structures of the university, colleges, institutes and centers that correspond with the new orientation of the university.
9. Completion of job descriptions for all formations of the university.
10. Development of methods of performance evaluation adopted in the university depending on quality, not quantity as our philosophy.
11. Support for cultural and scientific ties and documenting them between the university and the scientific institutions and Arab and international universities.
12. Automation of university work.